Saturday, July 2, 2011

So much to say...

It's been two days and I don't even know where to begin.  I'll start with the airport.

I look like a lost child in any airport.  I've never traveled or flown alone, for that matter, and this journey was absolutely terrifying (at first).  Chicago and Detroit weren't too difficult to navigate, but Fiumicino in Rome was complete chaos and a sea of people speaking anything but English.  Needless to say, the airport is not a good representation of Italy.  Luckily, I was able to find others my age who looked equally as lost and discovered they too were JCU students!  Smooth sailing all the way to the school.

I'm living in the Gianicolo apartments in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome which is on the opposite side of the Tiber river from all of the famous monuments, etc.  Trastevere is exactly how you would imagine Rome- winding cobblestone streets, quaint shops, gelaterie, insane traffic, and more restaurants than I could ever visit in my time here.

The courtyard
Video coming later...

John Cabot has two campuses (Gaurini and Tiber) and both are within a short walking distance.  The walk is breathtaking, and I think only this video can truly capture it.

Another video comin' atcha...

Me, Allison, Tara, and Allie
Penne all'arrabbiata con vino della casa

After arriving on Thursday, we immediately had orientation at the Tiber campus on Friday.  The group of friends I made shortly after arriving are some of the most amazing and hysterical people I have ever met.  In short, our walking tour when a little something like this...

Circus Maximus
Colosseum
La Fontana di Trevi
The Pantheon

Time is flyin' already so I will leave you with this little taste of Rome, and I already have my next post in the works!  Ciaoooo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment