Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pre-travel musings

To no surprise, the first advice given on my travel sheet is to "get plenty of rest the night before," and I'm clearly doing the opposite of this.  Why do we always feel the need to push ourselves to keep our eyes open in anticipation for what's to come?  I'm not sure I'll ever have the answer to that one.

A few minutes ago, I opened up a word document that I wrote in January for the new year detailing my "Eleven in 2011."  Eleven goals for the year 2011, simple.  I really believe in creating lists and posting them in visible places.  Sure, I've always known the direction I want to go, but what exactly do you want to do?  I'm really visual and write down everything that I want to remember, and I'm not just talking about the week's agenda but quotes, ideas, and things that I read and never want to forget.  I think that the ability to see a list of what you want to accomplish keeps you on track and posting it in a place that serves as a constant reminder doesn't hurt either (posting that bad boy right on my desktop works for me!)

There's nothing more satisfying than crossing one off either...  BAM feels good:

7.  Travel.  Somewhere exciting, interesting, historical.

Good night?  Hopefully?

No comments:

Post a Comment